Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Name is More Than Just a Name: Nina = Grace (Hebrew)

I am finally glad that God made me the type of person to be a friend to people even when they're don't act like friends to me. Growing up, my being gracious made me feel weak & vulnerable. Although I am a "social butterfly", I oftentimes found myself hurt & feeling alone.

As a woman growing in God's will, I understand the importance of being that gracious person. I understand the freedom that comes from extending grace to those whom I call friend. Even more importantly, I thank God that people know that they can depend on me no matter what.

I've grown to understand that sometimes, people don't really know how to be real friends because they too have been hurt and instead of loving harder, they keep people at a distance, they hurt others, adopting the concept of "misery loves company". Even still, sometimes, people don't recognize they're even hurting you.

And so, to those who have called me friend over the years but have shown me less than the love they say they have, it's okay...*smiling at God* ...don't see me as weak. I am far from lonely. And even though the actions of others still hurts at times, I have all that I need. Most importantly, I have the grace of God & His love in my heart that allows me to pour the same grace & love onto others who have need...

With all of that being said: I♥YOU

Your friend,

Nina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am loving this piece it touches my heart because that is what i am feeling now