Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

JUST DO IT!

I feel fat. I look in the mirror and see frumpy, bloated and I feel like I'm not making any progress. I see myself in the mirror and my mind begins playing tricks on me and convincing me that my efforts are in vain.

*pause*

This? These thoughts. None of this is true. Progress always begins within.

I can feel it. My muscles are experiencing a pleasing pain. The type of pain that lets me know that I'm growing stronger. Sure, I have yet to see substantial progress on my scale, or even in my favorite pair of jeans. It's at moments like these when I want to give up because I have yet to see the fruit of my labor. It's also at this point that I know I have to push. 

Just as with any level of faith, you have to see it before you see it! Visualizing yourself as a success is a primary key to reaching that desired place!

You'll feel the pain. You'll feel the tension. You'll feel like your body is against you. Like, some outside force is against your very happiness. You'll think it's easier to stay in bed when you should be putting forth effort! You'll "swear" that you'll get back on the horse tomorrow and the next thing you know, it's next year and you've gained 20 pounds. 

EEK!?!?

Nike said it best with their 80's catchphrase. During that time I didn't fully understand the strength behind those three words. Here, now over thirty years later, I finally get it. 



It's amazing what you can accomplish after you've convinced your mind to stop saying you can't! To DO. To allow yourself to BE the best you that you can be! You can do more with two weeks of consistency than you can with a YEAR of excuses! Don't be afraid to start where you ARE. JUST START!

These pictures are only TWO WEEKS after I began consistent strength training! 

Progress doesn't take long, it just takes CONSISTENCY and EFFORT! 



No comments: