Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Getting What You Deserve...Or Not

We are naturally self-centered...selfish even. Selfishness is known to be human nature but we all know many people who seem to have hearts of gold and are able to give and do without expecting anything in return. 

It's also natural and only right to give credit where credit is due. However...

...don't worry about fighting/begging to receive what you (think you) deserve. Keep playing YOUR PART and your every need will be met. Not just in business but in EVERY relationship.

If we meet the needs of those we say we love/respect, they'll bend over backwards to meet ours. 


And FYI for married couples: The law of ‪#‎sowingandreaping works at home too.
It really is quite simple.

I used to get so frustrated for not receiving recognition or the return I thought I deserved for a job well done. God had to show me that my job is to continue doing what I've been called to do, be it at work, in my marriage or otherwise.

I was called to do my BEST, wherever I am planted! Whether in ministry or as a server at a BBQ joint, once I TRULY learned the meaning of having a servant's heart, I began to find peace – not only in what I do for others but in the return I receive from my seed.

During this time, I also had to learn to use discernment when determining whether I was actually being neglected and/or taken advantage of or simply being selfish in my own expectations.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I'd add that folks should be careful about the people with whom they regularly consort; that is, it's important for people to screen friends (might need to conduct occasional re-screens) to ensure they aren't being sucked dry, so to speak. It's one thing to behave unselfishly and another to submit yourself to boorish and destructive behavior from ostensible allies.